Jack Ruby Presents
Chris Hernandez, Melissa Davaz, Aaron Owens, and Jesse Hughey love music. Well read backwoods children of the 90’s, they come from operatic punk and indie jazz schooling citing influences as far reaching as Charles Mingus, Connor Oberst, Point Juncture, WA, and Uncle Tupelo. Their music hints at years spent inside of headphones and in the back corner of record stores; their outfits speak of romantic dreams of crosscut saws. Hailing from the northwest coast from Alaska, Oregon and Montana, the band formed in the Willamette Valley in 2007. In 2008 they recorded a 5 track acoustic EP which was packaged in duct tape, hello my name is stickers, and cereal box sleeves.
JRP signed to independent Alaskan label Home Skillet Records in the spring of 2008.
In January of 2010, after a few years of refinement and shows everywhere between San Francisco and Southeast Alaska, the band moved into the studio to record a full-length album showcasing their developed sound. The resulting album, entitled “Over Wires and White Plains” will be released in Portland on May 15th, 2010.
Recent Entries About Jack Ruby Presents
[singlepic id=2 w=320 h=240 float=]
XML error: EntityRef: expecting ';' at line 13, column 143
- Strummin Dog releases Signify General
- HomeSkillet Fest 2011 General
- Digital Indigenous General
- Mad Rad, Astronomar & Silver Jackson General
- New Years Eve Music & Art snow (Show) General
- Rest in Paradise Eyedea…Michael Larsen General
- HomeSkilletFest july 14th-18th 2010!! General
- Jack Ruby Presents “Over Wires and White Plains” General
- Akronym General
- Happy New Year! Here’s some Free Music :) General